Never be blindsided by a bad channel partner or vendor again.
Erudite Risk offers a special market monitoring program for companies and brands operating in Asia Pacific. Our program provides you with another set of eyes on the market at all times. We work with you to create a custom program of regular vigilance focused on ensuring your organization is operating the way you expect it to be and that your brands and products are being represented in the market the way you expect.
Don’t take chances with your brands, products, and goodwill. No credit rating report, no contract and no insurance policy can completely protect you from partners and vendors who aren’t who they say they are and don’t operate the way they say they do.
Erudite’s market monitoring services keep your organization and your brands protected.
Special Market Monitoring Program Services
Vendor and Partner Due Diligence
Erudite provides due diligence services for all vendors and channel partners operating with your organization. Simple credit checks are often not enough to extend credit and trust the flow of your organization to partner entities.
Erudite performs vendor/partner due diligence with the goal of spotting at-risk partners who are not performing as expected and may not repay credit or represent your product as you expect.
We look for
- Company is actually operating:
- location of operations
- size of operations
- registration/taxes are both validated and verified as an ongoing concern
- Company is not in financial distress:
- rising or steady revenues
- rising or steady net income
- credit rating
- outstanding loans
- outstanding liens
- past bankruptcies
- Company is not in legal or regulatory trouble:
- Current and past litigation
- Regulatory enforcement actions
- Derogatory rumors and comments in media related to legal issues
- Company is of a good reputation:
- published media and social media searches for derogatory reputational issues
- interviews with industry sources
- Declared company leadership is actually running the company
- Stated beneficiaries are idenfiable and verifiable
- No conflicts of interest:
- Company and leadership are not related to internal personnel.
- Government interest?
- Does this company have ties to the government that would qualify it is a public entity or further expose it to political risk?
- receives public funds
- government equity stake
- government is a major customer
- government-issued licenses or close regulatory scrutiny expose company to political/regulatory risk
Product Presentation/Mystery Shopping
Erudite performs monitoring of products and services as they are provisioned in the market. These may be physical products, service delivery, or after-sales support. We look at a variety of factors to ensure your products and services are being represented as you expect.
- Sales floor representation
- Placement and presentation relative to competitors
- Use of marks and use relative to competitors
- Proper service delivery
- Proper warranty and after-sales support without deception
Erudite also monitors markets for unauthorized and improper brand and trademark usage, sales of counterfeits, and potentially trademark infringing marketing or other communications.
Ask how we can build a custom Market Monitoring program for your company today. Programs may contain any combination of services and activities for any number of brands, products, vendors or channel partners.
Learn more about the different services that make up the Market Monitoring program.
Read a related post at The Erudite Blog:
Relying upon third party channel partners is a risk no matter what market you are in. This is especially true when dealing internationally, such as in Asia- the manufacturing hub of the world.